Free School Meals
Could you be entitled to Free School Meals? If so your child and school can benefit in many ways even if your child does not want to take up school meals.
If you are a carer you are not automatically entitled to free school meals, therefore you will be required to complete the application form below.
Under the current criteria, children who receive, or whose parents receive, one or more of the following support payments are entitled to receive free school meals (FSM).
- Family receives Income Support or Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance. Please note, Contribution-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance does not qualify for free school meals (unless you receive both Income-based and Contribution-based JSA on an equal basis)
- Family receives the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Family receives Child Tax Credit and has an annual income, as assessed by HMRC, not in excess of £16,190. Please note, families who are also entitled to Working Tax Credit do not qualify to claim free school meals regardless of income
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related). Please note, Contribution-Based E&SA does not qualify for free school meals (unless you receive both Income-based and Contribution-based ESA on an equal basis)